Se habla español
Click to Call | Available 24/7

What Must I Do If I Need Emergency Treatment

If you are faced with a true emergency as a result of your on-the-job injury, you are may receive temporary medical treatment from the nearest emergency room or emergency medical clinic to you; however, after the emergency is over, you must treat with your Authorized Treating Physician.  If you do not yet have an Authorized Treating Physician, then you are entitled to select one from the list of physicians that your employer should have provided to you. 

The list of physicians mentioned above is known as a Panel of Physicians.  If your employer did not have one posted in an easily visible location on your date of accident, or if this Panel was not valid, you may be entitled to select any physician you choose as your Authorized Treating Physician.  This can be a critical issue in your case, so if you have any questions or concerns about this, we strongly recommend contacting an experienced Atlanta workers’ compensation attorney.

To view other Workers’ Compensation Questions and Answers, click on the “Q & A” Button.

◂ Back to Blog
Seth Bader
(678) 562-5595