Most people dread going to the airport. You have to get there several hours early, deal with long lines at security, pack tiny bottles in your luggage, and interact with massive crowds. The only thing worse than dealing with regular airport issues is being injured at the airport.
Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, an injury can mess up your plans. It can also be confusing. Can you sue an airport? Who should be held responsible for your damages? Thankfully, we can help. If you’ve been injured in an airport accident, you need a skilled personal injury lawyer.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are Norcross personal injury lawyers. Atlanta is the home of the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. It is the busiest airport in the United States, and we have flights to places all over the world. The foot traffic at our airport is always high. Pedestrians are walking or running with luggage, trying to make their flights. In the event of an injury, you need a lawyer in your corner. If you have been injured in the Atlanta Airport, contact our offices today. We offer free consultations to go over the details of your case.
Types of Hartsfield-Jackson Airport accidents.
There are almost 7 million square feet of the concourse and terminal space in the airport. Accidents can occur anywhere on the premises, including walkways, parking lots, and gates. The most common injury at the airport is the slip and fall accident. Some of the leading causes of these accidents are:
- Damaged escalators
- Defective handrails
- Poor lighting
- Malfunctioning moving sidewalks
- Wet walkways
You can suffer from a variety of injuries at the airport. Even though slip and fall accidents are one of the top causes, there are more:
- Poor maintenance of equipment: You can have injuries as a result of defective equipment. Usually, equipment must pass through safety tests every year. Some machinery must be tested several times a year. Accidents can occur if this equipment isn’t properly maintained.
- Malfunctioning equipment: Since many people travel through the airport, equipment gets worn out faster. Our train can have issues while transporting passengers across the airport. Malfunctioning doors can also result in serious injuries.
- Negligence of security guards: With as much security as you see in an airport, you would think that robbing someone would be nearly impossible. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case. You can be stolen, physically, or even sexually assaulted in the airport.
What should I do after my airport accident?
We know that you are under a time constraint when you travel, but airport injuries take precedence. If you have been injured, you can forget about catching your flight. It would help if you didn’t assume that anyone is going to take care of you. We recommend handling these steps on your own. If you’ve been injured in the Atlanta Airport you should:
- Get medical attention: Even if you feel like your injuries are minor, we still recommend seeking medical care. It would help if you had your injuries recorded. Also, some severe conditions might not show symptoms immediately.
- Get an incident report: Any time you are injured, you need documentation. Have airport personnel file an incident report, and make sure that you get a copy.
- Contact an attorney: We recommend contacting an Atlanta attorney whether you live in the state or not. Many travelers go home and try to file their claim. You must file your lawsuit in the area that your accident occurred. It would be best if you had an Atlanta lawyer that can handle all aspects of your case.
Can I talk to my insurance company?
No. We don’t recommend talking to any insurance company. A lawyer can get you a better settlement than if you were negotiating with insurance agents on your own. You might think you’re getting the right solution from an insurance company, but an experienced lawyer knows better. You need to hire someone to protect your interests.
Insurance companies will take advantage of victims without lawyers. They know that you need the money so that they will offer you a low settlement initially. Most victims without lawyers will take that offer. An airport accidents lawyer would never let you make that mistake. Don’t jeopardize your agreement by not hiring an attorney.
Can airports be liable for slip and fall accidents?
Yes. However, the airport is owned by the city of Atlanta, which can make claims difficult. When suing the city, you only have six months to file your claim. Multiple entities operate at the airport at any given time. So, it can be challenging to pinpoint who is responsible for your injuries. We must thoroughly research your case to determine who the negligent party is. These cases can be very complicated, which is why you’ll need a lawyer.
Hire a skilled airport accidents lawyer today
If you have been injured in the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, we’re here to help. We have offices based in Atlanta that can handle your case. Since the statute of limitations on these cases is so short, we need to act fast. Contact our personal injury lawyer offices to set up your appointment.