The State Board of Workers’ Compensation (SBWC) recently posted a list of notable changes to the 2009 Medical Fee Schedule. Some of these changes include:
- CPT Codes – CPT Codes were updated with code additions, deletions, and revisions in accordance with the AMA.
- IME Rates – Rates for Independent Medical Examinations have increased to $600.00 for the first hour, and $150.00 for each additional 15 minutes.
- Physician Testimony – Rates for physicians giving testimony have increased to $600.00 for the first hour and $150.00 for each additional 15 minutes.
- Emergency Transportation – Ambulance and Air Services have been added to the Fee Schedule.
- Non-Emergency Transportation – Reimbursements for non-emergency transportation have increased by 1.7%.
- Home Health Services – Hourly rates for home health services have increased by 1.7%.
- Medical Records Charges – Reimbursement for copies of medical records remains unchanged from 2008.
- Pharmaceutical Charges – Reimbursement for pharmaceuticals remain unchanged from 2008.
You can see other notable changes that have been made to the Medical Fee Schedule by visiting the SBWC’s website.