It is the responsibility of medical professionals to give you the highest quality of care while providing their services. Most doctors are very responsible and trustworthy, but they can still make mistakes. When a doctor’s negligence results in injuries or wrongful death, you could be entitled to compensation.
Seth Bader is a skilled medical malpractice lawyer in Norcross that has handled numerous medical malpractice cases. If you or someone you know has sustained injuries because of the negligence of their doctor, you should contact us immediately. We provide a free consultation to discuss the details of your case.
What is medical malpractice?
If your healthcare provider deviated from the appropriate “standard of care,” then that is medical malpractice. These cases are complicated because we need to prove that your healthcare provider acted outside of the standard, and this negligence was responsible for your injuries. We have handled many different types of medical malpractice cases, including:
- Negligence by anesthesiologists
- Negligence by x-ray technicians
- Lab errors
- Blood test errors
- Experimental procedures that led to injury
- Defective medical devices
- Injuries and complications during childbirth because of the medical staff
- Improper administration of medicine
- Infections because of contaminated surgery
How do you prove medical malpractice?
As with most personal injury lawsuits, your lawyer must prove negligence. We must show that:
- The defendant, the medical professional or hospital, owed care to the victim. Your doctor is required to provide a certain standard of care so that they prevent harm.
- The defendant breached their duty and did not offer this standard of care.
- The victim was injured because the defendant did not provide the right measure of attention.
- The victim suffered damages, which could potentially include: medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of wages, and other bills associated with the injuries.
What are the causes of medical malpractice?
- Fatigue from being overworked
- Not ordering the right tests
- Misinterpreting test results
- Performing a procedure without the necessary skills or knowledge
- Prescribing the wrong medicine
How do you determine damages?
Other than your immediate health issues, you might be concerned with your financial situation. While you are healing from your injuries, you will have a substantial amount of bills and other damages to handle. Thankfully, an experienced medical malpractice lawyer can seek compensation for these damages. Some of our previous clients have received payment for:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation facilities
- In-home healthcare
- Medical equipment
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning potential
These are only some of the damages we have recovered, as each case is different. Some costs are easy to value, like medical bills. However, pain and suffering are harder to assign value. An experienced lawyer will be able to use their knowledge and past cases to determine the amount of your settlement.