Se habla español
Click to Call | Available 24/7

Can I Change Doctors

Yes. You are entitled to change your Authorized Treating Physician one time without the consent of your employer or its workers’ compensation insurance company.

If your employer had a valid Panel of Physicians posted in a conspicuous place when you were injured, you can make this change only to one of the physicians on the Panel; but if your employer did not have a valid Panel, you can make this change to any physician you choose.  There are some exceptions to this rules, so if you have any questions or concerns about this issue, we encourage you to speak with a workers’ compensation attorney.

To view other Workers’ Compensation Questions and Answers, click on the “Q & A” Button.

◂ Back to Blog
Seth Bader
(678) 562-5595