Riding a motorcycle allows you to experience the road with total freedom. But, it can also be a dangerous prospect as a motorcycle accident in Rome, GA, can easily occur. When you are on a motorcycle, you do not have the protection that a vehicle offers and it can be easy to get hurt after a crash.
When riding a motorcycle, you need to keep a few things in mind to remain safe and avoid the potential of a Rome, GA, motorcycle accident occurring. Start with these defensive driving techniques:
- Stay visible: It can be easy for a motorcycle to get in the blind spot of a vehicle driver and be unseen on the road. This can create a Rome motorcycle accident in Georgia and leave you injured as a result. It is important that you stay visible when you ride. Be sure that drivers can see you in their mirrors. A good rule of thumb is if you can see them, then they can see you. Avoid blind spots and make your presence as visible as possible to avoid a motorcycle accident in Rome, GA.
- Act defensively: You also need to anticipate the actions of other drivers on the road. Acting defensively can help you avoid a Rome, GA, motorcycle accident as you are able to react to the poor driving habits of other vehicle drivers on the road. Anticipate their moves and be alert for drivers that are not paying attention or are distracted in their driving capabilities. This can help prevent a Rome motorcycle accident in Georgia and help save you from injuries.
Will Wearing the Right Gear Prevent a Motorcycle Accident in Rome, GA?
What you wear when you are riding a motorcycle can help protect you when you are in a Rome, GA, motorcycle accident. Be sure to wear these protective clothing when you ride.
- Wear a helmet: Not only is it the law in Rome, GA, that you wear a helmet when you ride a motorcycle, but it can protect you from life-threatening injuries. Failing to wear a helmet can cause you to get a citation and fine.
- Use eye protection: Your eyes need to also be protected when riding a motorcycle. This will prevent any debris and dirt from going into your eyes and can prevent sun glare. You will see any potential road threats easier and allow your eyes to be protected should a motorcycle accident in Rome, GA occur to you.
- Wear protective clothing: The clothing you wear can also protect you if you are in a motorcycle accident in Rome, GA. Wearing long sleeves and leather when possible can protect your body from road rash and severely reduce the risk of injury when you are riding a motorcycle.
- Put on gloves: Keep your hands protected with gloves. It can be easy to try and stop your fall with your hands when you are in a Rome, GA, motorcycle accident. This can create extensive injury to your hands. Wearing gloves will also give you a better grip on your motorcycle and allow you to be in more control when riding.
- Use the right shoes: Your feet also need protection and wearing heavy shoes allows you to stop your vehicle in minor motorcycle accidents in Rome, GA. This can prevent you from obtaining severe injury to your feet.
What Do I Do If I Have Been in a Motorcycle Accident in Rome, GA?
When involved in a motorcycle accident in Rome, GA, you need to get medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible. Your next step should be to consult with a Rome, GA, motorcycle accident attorney. They can advise you on your rights and help you file a claim for a Rome motorcycle accident in Georgia.
You deserve a settlement when an accident in Rome, GA, was the fault of another driver and your attorney can help you determine what damages you should file for in your suit. They can help you reach a settlement with another driver and protect your rights as a motorcycle rider. Allow a Rome, GA, motorcycle accident attorney to help you with your motorcycle crash case.
Consult with a Personal Injury Accident Attorney in Georgia
If hurt in a motorcycle accident in Rome, GA, you have rights when it comes to the law. The Rome, GA, accident attorneys at the Bader Law Firm, LLC can help. They can help you understand the law when it comes to motorcycle accidents and help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact us today to set up a consultation.
Seth Bader is an Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney who practices in Atlanta, Rome, Savannah, Norcross, Carrollton, Georgia. He graduated from Florida State University College of Law and has been practicing law for 14 years. Seth Bader believes in fighting for the injured. Learn more about his experience by clicking here.